Brachialis, Triceps Brachii, Deltoid, Teres Major & Latissimus Dorsi
Stand up straight with your arms up above your head.
Cross your arms over and reach up as high as you can
Physiotherapy, Injury Prevention & Fitness Recommendations:
- Avoid bouncing when the muscle is cold
- Stop if the stretch causes pain
- Perform the stretch in a safe environment to avoid the risk of a fall or injury
- Recommended stretch for use within a warm-up or cool down
- As instructed by a skilled physiotherapist, the stretch is beneficial for injury prevention, to aid recovery from specific injuries, enhancement of the injury healing process, elongates tight muscles, reduces soft tissue tightness and alleviates joint stiffness.
- This stretch may be useful for neck muscles strains, upper back muscle strains & ligament sprains
Please feel free to contact the Manchester G4 Clinic to speak to a member of the team for any questions that you may have.