Gluteus Maximus, Piriformis, Gemellus Superior, Gemellus Inferior, Obturator Internus & Obturator Externus
Sit cross-legged. Keep your back straight and slowly lean forwards to the ground
Physiotherapy, Injury Prevention & Fitness Recommendations:
- Avoid bouncing when the muscle is cold
- Stop if the stretch causes pain
- Perform the stretch in a safe environment to avoid the risk of a fall or injury
- Recommended stretch for use within a warm-up or cool down
- Tightness around the hips may contribute to biomechanical injuries, lower limb problems or low back pain
- As instructed by a skilled physiotherapist, the stretch is beneficial for injury prevention, to aid recovery from specific injuries, enhancement of the injury healing process, elongates tight muscles, reduces soft tissue tightness and alleviates joint stiffness.
- This stretch is useful for piriformis syndrome, groin strain, adductor muscle tendonitis, snapping hip syndrome & trochanteric bursitis
Please feel free to contact the Manchester G4 Clinic to speak to a member of the team for any questions that you may have.