Gluteus Minimus, Gluteus Medius, Tensor Fascia Latae, Sartorius & Ilio-Tibial Band (ITB)
Stand upright and cross one leg behind the other.
Lean towards the foot that is at the rear of the other leg.
Physiotherapy, Injury Prevention & Fitness Recommendations:
- Avoid bouncing when the muscle is cold
- Stop if the stretch causes pain
- Perform the stretch in a safe environment to avoid the risk of a fall or injury
- Recommended stretch for use within a warm-up or cool down
- Tight hip abductors may contribute to biomechanical injuries, lower limb problems or low back pain
- As instructed by a skilled physiotherapist, the stretch is beneficial for injury prevention, to aid recovery from specific injuries, enhancement of the injury healing process, elongates tight muscles, reduces soft tissue tightness and alleviates joint stiffness.
- This stretch can be useful for tronchanteric bursitis and iliotibial band syndrome
Please feel free to contact the Manchester G4 Clinic to speak to a member of the team for any questions that you may have.