This classic kettlebell move works every muscle in your body to build explosive power and a strong core
1. Start the move as with the kettlebell swing. Swing the kettlebell upwards with a pop from your hips.
2.As the kettlebell moves upwards, bend your elbow and let the handle slide from your fingers down into your palm to rack the kettlebell on the front of your shoulder, keeping your elbow tucked into your body.
3. Reverse the movement to return to the start position
Kettlebell Clean And Press
1. As the kettlebell moves upwards, bend your elbow and let the handle slide from your fingers down into your palm to rack the kettlebell on the front of your shoulder.
2. From this position, straighten your arms to extend the weight directly above your head.
3. Reverse the move back to the start.
1. Swing the kettlebell to start the move, then as it reaches eye level pull your elbow back and ‘punch’ your hand upwards to catch it at the top of the move- your arm only straightens at the very top. If you do it right, the bell shouldn’t bang into your forearm.
2. From the top of the move, flip the kettlebell over and progress smoothly into the next swing.
Please seek the advice of a GP, physiotherapist or a medically qualified personal trainer before commencing any exercise to avoid the risk of any injury. We do not advise performing any exercise if it exhibits any pain or discomfort in any way.
If you have any questions or queries about any of the exercises, please contact the Didsbury clinic (Manchester) to discuss with your physiotherapist or personal trainer.