Tibialis Anterior, Extensor Hallucis Longus & Extensor Hallucis Digitorum tendons
Stand upright & place the foot of the shin to be stretched on a chair behind you.
Slowly push the anterior aspect of the fo0t & ankle downwards towards the floor.
Physiotherapy, Injury Prevention & Fitness Recommendations:
- Avoid bouncing when the muscle is cold
- Stop if the stretch causes pain
- Perform the stretch in a safe environment to avoid the risk of a fall or injury
- Recommended stretch for use within a warm-up or cool down
- As instructed by a skilled physiotherapist, the stretch is beneficial for injury prevention, to aid recovery from specific injuries, enhancement of the injury healing process, elongates shortened muscles, reduces soft tissue tightness and alleviates joint stiffness.
- This stretch may be useful for ankle sprains, anterior compartment syndrome, peroneal tendonitis & shin splints
Please feel free to contact the Manchester G4 Clinic to speak to a member of the team for any questions that you may have.