Erector Spinae muscles, Pectoralis Major, Internal Abdominal Oblique & External Abdominal Oblique
Kneel on the ground on all fours. Lift one arm up out to the side and to the sky rotating your shoulders and middle back as your raise your arm, looking to the side
Physiotherapy, Injury Prevention & Fitness Recommendations:
- Avoid bouncing when the muscle is cold
- Stop if the stretch causes pain
- Perform the stretch in a safe environment to avoid the risk of a fall or injury
- Recommended stretch for use within a warm-up or cool down
- As instructed by a skilled physiotherapist, the stretch is beneficial for injury prevention, to aid recovery from specific injuries, enhancement of the injury healing process, elongates tight muscles, reduces soft tissue tightness and alleviates joint stiffness.
- This stretch may be useful for back muscle strains, ligament sprains & abdominal muscle strains
Please feel free to contact the Manchester G4 Clinic to speak to a member of the team for any questions that you may have.