Gluteus Maximus, Gluteus Medius, Gluteus Minimus, Ilio-Tibial Band & Iliocostalis Lumboram
Lie on your back with your legs straight, bend your knees.
Put your arms out to the sides then roll your knees over to one side allowing your back and hips to rotate slightly as you do this
Physiotherapy, Injury Prevention & Fitness Recommendations:
- Avoid bouncing when the muscle is cold
- Stop if the stretch causes pain
- Perform the stretch in a safe environment to avoid the risk of a fall or injury
- Recommended stretch for use within a warm-up or cool down
- As instructed by a skilled physiotherapist, the stretch is beneficial for injury prevention, to aid recovery from specific injuries, enhancement of the injury healing process, elongates tight muscles, reduces soft tissue tightness and alleviates joint stiffness.
- This stretch may be useful for lower back muscle strains or ligament sprains and for Ilio-tibial band syndrome
Please feel free to contact the Manchester G4 Clinic to speak to a member of the team for any questions that you may have.