Biceps Femoris, Semimembranosus, Semitendinosus, Ilio-Tibial Band & Gluteus Maximus
Sit with one leg straight and the other leg crossed over your knee toward your opposite shoulder. Keep your back straight and your shoulders facing forward.
Physiotherapy, Injury Prevention & Fitness Recommendations:
- Stop if the stretch causes pain
- Perform the stretch in a safe environment to avoid the risk of a fall or injury
- Recommended stretch for use within a warm-up or cool down
- As instructed by a skilled physiotherapist, the stretch is beneficial for injury prevention, to aid recovery from specific injuries, enhancement of the injury healing process, elongates shortened muscles, reduces soft tissue tightness and alleviates joint stiffness.
- This stretch might be useful for lower back muscle strains & ligament sprains, hamstring strains & ilio-tibial band syndrome
Please feel free to contact the Manchester G4 Clinic to speak to a member of the team for any questions that you may have.