Tibialis Posterior, Peroneus Longus, Soleus, Flexor Hallucis Longus & Peroneus Brevis
Stand upright facing a wall and place both hands on the wall with one foot behind the other.
Make sure that your toes are facing forward and your heel is on the ground.
Bend your back leg and lean toward the wall.
Physiotherapy, Injury Prevention & Fitness Recommendations:
- Avoid bouncing when the muscle is cold
- Stop if the stretch causes pain
- Perform the stretch in a safe environment to avoid the risk of a fall or injury
- Recommended stretch for use within a warm-up or cool down
- As instructed by a skilled physiotherapist, the stretch is beneficial for injury prevention, to aid recovery from specific injuries, enhancement of the injury healing process, elongates shortened muscles, reduces soft tissue tightness and alleviates joint stiffness.
- This stretch may be useful for calf strains, Achilles tendon strains, Achilles tendonitis & shin splints
Please feel free to contact the Manchester G4 Clinic to speak to a member of the team for any questions that you may have.