Women’s Health Physiotherapy
at G4 Physiotherapy & Fitness
Here at G4 we offer a specialist service for women experiencing a multitude of problems associated with pregnancy and childbirth. During pregnancy your body goes through dramatic changes both physically and hormonally, causing many women severe pain and discomfort.
- Up to 70% of women will have Pelvic Girdle Pain during pregnancy, 22% with severe symptoms. 7% will continue to have these symptoms postnatally.
- 90% of women will have abdominal muscle separation during pregnancy with at least 30% of these women continuing to have symptoms postnatally.
- 90% of women will have a perineal tear (1st/2nd degree) during childbirth, 9% will have an extensive tear (3rd / 4th degree), which can cause long term problems with incontinence, pain and sexual dysfunction.
Common complaints seen during the ante and postnatal period are:
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Low back pain
- Symphysis pubis dysfunction
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Bladder leakage
- Thoracic spine pain
- Neck pain
- Rib pain
- Abdominal muscle separation / Diastasis of recti muscles
Our specialist women’s health physiotherapy team can help you overcome these issues in both the antenatal and postnatal period through offering manual therapy, massage, taping, advice and exercise. Our unique team are qualified Pilates instructors and can get you back into your pre-pregnancy levels of fitness through graded exercise programmes which help guide you back to safe levels of exercise without increasing your pain or further damaging your abdominal or pelvic floor muscles.