Indian Head Massage
at G4 Physiotherapy & Fitness
Our G4 Massage team provide Indian Head Massage to clients to help relieve symptoms and boost recovery.
Indian Head Massage is an ancient form of massage therapy created in India thousands of years ago. It is a deep style of massage derived from the Ayurvedic tradition that stimulates the flow of blood, lymph and oxygen in your upper body which will help clear your sinuses, relieve stress and help you sleep better.
Not many people realise that although Indian Head Massage focuses on your head, it also includes the neck and shoulders and is a deep massage which uses a variety of pressure and techniques to gain the desired effect.
Starting within the upper back region, the therapist begins by applying pressure to points that dissolve knots and relaxes the muscles. The therapist then moves to the shoulders and upper arms to release other common areas of tension, and then to both the neck and head to release headache-causing blockages and to encourage better circulation of the cerebral fluid. The massage therapist then progresses to the scalp, relaxing the entire head, encouraging circulation and stimulating hair growth. Lastly, the therapist may choose to perform a gentle face massage that may relieve symptoms of sinusitis & headaches, and encourages good circulation and a glowing complexion.
In summary, some of the main aims of Indian Head Massage will be to:
- Relieve the built up tension that can often result in headaches, migraines, neck and back pain
- Detoxify the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Boost overall immunity
- Improve circulation, which in turn will increase energy levels
- Promote clarity and increased concentration
- Soothe symptoms of asthma by calming the respiratory system
- Relieve mandibular (jaw) joint tension.
- Increase muscle tone
- Relieve symptoms of sinusitis
- Boost cerebral spinal fluid circulation
- Relieve sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia