Pre-Natal (or Ante-Natal) Pilates is highly recommended for those who would like to minimise pregnancy discomfort, maintain strength and prepare for the most effective post-natal rehabilitation and recovery following child delivery.
We provide both one-to-one sessions and also small group sessions to address postural changes and tackle the demands experienced throughout each trimester. Our therapists and instructors will work with you closely to set a foundation in deep abdominal strength and core stability to assist in supporting your baby during your pregnancy term. These Pilates sessions are suitable to continue throughout the whole pregnancy period until the birth of the child. The pace and intensity of the sessions will adapt as the pregnancy term progresses to allow for the bespoke, progressive and productive programmes to be efficient. The main focus of the classes will be modified as the child-birth date approaches. Our team will effectively conduct sessions with the ultimate aim being client focused care in preparing the body for child delivery and beyond.
Some of the main benefits with undertaking Pre-Natal Pilates within our clinic include the following:
- Strengthening of pelvic floor muscles to control and reduce the risk of incontinence
- Strengthening of both core and pelvic muscles to aid the labour experience
- Enhancing postural awareness to allow effective breathing and reduce the risk of spinal pain
- Strengthening both abdominal and gluteal muscles to support and stabilise the pelvis and spine
- Reducing muscular tension by stretching spinal, core and upper limb muscle groups
- Aiding relaxation and advising upon positions of relaxation
- Maintaining effective circulation to minimise the onset of swelling
- In-depth education to Incorporate positions for labour into exercise programmes
To take a look at our class timetable, please visit www.g4physio.co.uk/g4-fitness-classes/#timetable
If you are interested in taking part in any of our Pre-Natal Pilates sessions, please submit an enquiry form or contact the clinic direct. You can commence the sessions at any time during the course of pregnancy upon the guidance of our therapists following an initial assessment that will take place at our clinic.
Following the special day, we also advise upon our post-natal physiotherapy service for successful aftercare following child delivery. For further information, please visit www.g4physio.co.uk/services/physiotherapy/post-natal/
If you have any queries or questions about this service, please do not hesitate to contact our Didsbury Manchester clinic. If you would like to arrange an appointment, please feel free to contact the clinic or book online via our online booking system.